Fires set in restroom trashcans at Macon’s Washington Memorial Library on Tuesday evening damaged hand dryers in both the men’s and women’s rooms.
Authorities on Wednesday were still investigating the 5:20 p.m. incident on the third floor of the building at 1180 Washington Ave.
According to a Bibb County sheriff’s report, security-camera surveillance footage showed a “young boy” walk out of a bathroom and tell a library employee there was a fire.
The report doesn’t list the boy as a suspect, just that he was at the library with a tutor. “There are no known suspects at this time,” the report noted.
Never miss a local story.
No one was hurt, but smoke in at least one of the bathrooms was thick, according to a sheriff’s deputy at the scene.