Bibb County investigators are investigating an arson from Sunday morning at an empty house on Pine Valley Drive, according to a sheriff’s report.
Investigators discovered the people who owned the house recently lost it to the mortgage company. Fire investigators said the fire started when someone poured gasoline near the air-conditioning unit and lit it, causing the house to go up in flames. The fire also damaged the adjoining houses on both sides.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call Macon Regional CrimeStoppers at (877) 68-CRIME.