The condition of the 7-year-old boy who survived an early morning fire Monday in Macon that killed two other children has improved.
Ricardo Barron Jr.’s condition was upgraded from critical to good Wednesday at the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Firefighters pulled Ricardo and 12-year-old Zanesia Hollis from the living room of their burning home at 1075 Carlisle Ave. about 2 a.m. Monday.
Ricardo was airlifted to the Augusta burn center. Zanesia was pronounced dead at The Medical Center of Central Georgia.
Never miss a local story.
Mekala Barron, 4, wasn’t found in time for firefighters to try to save her life. Her body was found near a bedroom window, according to the Macon-Bibb County Fire Department.
Fire investigators say a space heater ignited the blaze. A smoke detector has not been recovered from the debris.
The children’s parents, Ricardo and Jessica Barron, were not injured.