WARNER ROBINS -- As Middle Georgia plunges into winter, it might be a good time for people to think about how trying to keep warm can sometimes lead to a fire truck in the front yard.
A home was destroyed in Warner Robins early Wednesday morning by a fire that investigators determined was caused by a space heater. No one was home at the time, and no one was injured.
Capt. James Franklin, public information officer for the Warner Robins Fire Department, said about five to six fires per year in the city are caused by space heaters.
Although he wasn’t sure about the Wednesday fire at 409 Granada Terrace, he said the most common reason space heaters start fires because they come in contact with flammable material.
Never miss a local story.
For more on this story, come back to macon.com and read Thursday’s Telegraph.