A barking dog alerted residents to a house fire early Thursday morning near downtown Macon.
Crews were called to 715 Anderson St. at about 5 a.m. and extinguished the flames about 20 minutes later.
Sgt. Ben Gleaton said one of the occupants smelled gasoline after the dog started barking and she discovered a fire on the front porch.
The residents escaped unharmed out of the back of the house.
Never miss a local story.
"It is suspicious at this point," said Gleaton, who has not yet determined the exact cause.