Houston County firefighters quickly extinguished a blaze Tuesday night at a local manufacturer.
Crews were called to Marble Masters of Middle Georgia at 1105 North Davis Drive just before 8:30 p.m., said Sgt. Jim Adams of the Houston 911 Center.
Adams praised the work of firefighters, who were able to keep the flames from spreading.
Fire Chief Jimmy Williams said the fire started inside a machine that molds the marble material.
Never miss a local story.
"We used less than a thousand gallons of water to put the fire out in about 15 minutes," Williams said.
Crews put out the fire before the chief could get to the scene, he said.
No one was inside the building at the time of the fire.