An east Macon man suffered first degree burns on his face in an early morning fire at 1746 Hamilton Drive off Upper River Road.
District Chief John Malcom of the Macon-Bibb County Fire Dept. said the homeowner couldn't sleep and went to work on a motorbike in his carport before 3 a.m.
The man was using an electric dryer propped on a shelf for heat and a nearby aerosol can got too hot and the bottom blew out of it spewing red paint that ignited, Malcom said.
The man suffered first degree burns on his face and singed his beard but did not go to the hospital although an ambulance from The Medical Center of Central Georgia did come to the scene, Malcom said.
Never miss a local story.
The victim tried to put out the blaze with a dry powder fire extinguisher but the fire got into the electric box and made its way up into the attic in the one-story brick house with a basement off Foster Place and Maryland Drive.