WARNER ROBINS — A 77-year-old man died Sunday night in a house fire on Dunbar Road near Warner Robins.
The body of Bernard Evans Brinson was discovered in a kitchen hallway by two Houston County firefighters battling the 9:30 p.m. blaze, said Houston County Fire Deputy Chief Bill Smith.
The cause of death was smoke and soot inhalation, said Houston County Coroner Danny Galpin.
The fire at 504 Dunbar Road was reported by a passer-by who saw smoke and called 911, Smith said. Preliminary findings are that the fire was an accidental, stovetop cooking fire.
Never miss a local story.
The fire remains under investigation.
According to his obituary, Brinson was a U.S. Navy veteran and an electrician who retired from Robins Air Force Base. He was born in Perry, Fla.
To contact writer Becky Purser, call 256-9559.