A Macon mother got her 10 children safely out of their burning home early this morning.
Macon-Bibb County firefighters got the call at about 2:40 a.m. and found a bedroom ablaze at 1123 Scotland Ave., said Capt. Robert McClain.
An air conditioning unit in one of the childrens' bedrooms apparently caught fire, McClain said.
When firefighters arrived the whole family was safe at a neighbor's house, he said.
Never miss a local story.
"I'm just glad all those kids got out of there," McClain said.
McClain said the children ranged in age from one month to 13 years.