The Historic Macon Foundation honored several preservation efforts Tuesday night at its annual Preservation Awards at the Douglass Theatre.
In the category of Preservation, Rehabilitation or Restoration of a Residential Building, the award was split between the efforts of Tim and Leila Regan-Porter, for their work on their home at 1013 Bond St., and Will and Carrie Robinson, who rehabilitated the house at 618 Arlington Place.
The Bond Street house dates to 1884 and was built in the Queen Anne style. It was rehabilitated under the Georgia Department of Natural Resources standards for rehabilitation.
The Arlington Road house was built in 1880 and was rehabilitated on both the inside and outside by the Robinsons, who purchased the home after it sat vacant for several years.
The foundation honored Jean Bragg for her work in rehabilitating commercial properties at 518, 522 and 530 Cherry St., which earned her the Members Choice Award.
The Stewardship Award was presented to the Holliday family for the preservation of the house at 607 College St. The house dates to 1854, when it was built by Henry North, the son-in-law of prominent Macon resident Isaac Scott.
Mercer University President Bill Underwood won the Maryel Ramsay Battin Award for exceptional contributions to the mission and organization of Historic Macon.
Underwood was honored for Mercers role in neighborhood revitalization, the adaptive use of buildings and working directly with Historic Macon to save and move houses on Oglethorpe Street and the historic Tattnall Apartments.
The Jenny Thurston Award for lifetime achievement went to Bette-Lou Brown, former president of the foundation, for her accomplishments in preservation.
Among Browns achievements were helping transform the Tattnall Square Heights neighborhood, creating the Tylers Place dog park, starting the Bealls Hill neighborhood revitalization, and selling the Old Library building on Mulberry Street.
The College Hill Alliance won the Thad E. Murphy Chairs Choice Award for its work to revitalize the College Hill Corridor section of Macon.