Mossy Creek Middle locked down after report of unauthorized man in school

alopez@macon.comApril 23, 2014 

Richard Wilson Jr.

Mossy Creek Middle School was locked down Wednesday afternoon after an unauthorized man was reported on the campus.

Richard Wilson Jr., 24, allegedly ran into the school office and told the staff he was being chased, said Perry police Capt. Heath Dykes.

As a security precaution, administrators locked down the school and called emergency dispatchers at 2:35 p.m., said Beth McLaughlin, Houston County schools spokeswoman.

The Perry Police Department and the Houston County Sheriff’s Office responded.

“Come to find out, the guy had been in the wooded area by the school all night,” Dykes said. “We feel like he was possibly maybe doing some illegal stuff, smoking narcotics.”

Wilson admitted he made up the story of being chased, Dykes said. He was charged with false reporting of a crime and disrupting a public school. He was taken to the Houston County Detention Center.

The Telegraph is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service