The Macon-Bibb County Planning & Zoning Commission approved an application Monday to build a new nursing home on Jeffersonville Road.
Commissioners approved the project unanimously, 5-0.
The applicant, Tammy Taylor Barksdale, plans to build the Angels at Divine Retreat at 3085 Jeffersonville Road on a tract originally rezoned in 2011 from a single-family residential district to a planned development residential district. At the time, the complex was to include 10 buildings with 10 residential units, for a maximum of 100 clients. That development didnt move forward, however.
The new plan is to build a personal care home instead of the village concept. The site plan calls for a 7,665-square-foot building with 12 units on 2 acres of the 18-acre tract. The floor plan includes 10 private suites and two semiprivate suites, as well as a dining area, kitchen, chapel, offices, salon and a library/reading room. The building will have a brick facade.
Future development on the property could include the construction of 10 buildings with a maximum of 120 rooms and a clubhouse.
Heres a look at decisions on other items Monday:
1. 4650 Columbus Road: Conditional use to allow used auto sales, PDE District. Frederick Stephens, applicant. APPROVED.
2. 4765 Jeffersonville Road/4875 AND 4879 Purnell Drive: Conditional use to allow a timber harvest (select cut), R-1A District & Agricultural District. Jerry L. Stocks/ Don Deckbar, applicant. APPROVED.
3. 5780 Houston Road: Conditional use to allow a non-emergency transport service in an existing building, R-3 District. Agape Transport, applicant. DEFERRED.
4. 5665 New Forsyth Road: Conditional use to allow modular classrooms (2), PDE District. Cleve Cunningham/Cunningham & Rowland, applicant. APPROVED.
5. 4879-4757 Fulton Mill Road/6096-6118 Gamble Road: Conditional use to allow supporting living home, A-Agricultural District. The Nehemiah Mens Home/Franklin Todd Robinson, applicant. APPROVED.
6. 4200 Davis Road: Conditional use to allow extended use of a soil borrow area for a previously approved solid waste landfill, A-Agricultural District. Swift Creek Environmental, applicant. APPROVED.
7. 640 Crawford Road: Conditional use to allow an event facility, A-Agricultural District. Sondralyn & Keith Fackler/Firefly Farms, applicant. DENIED.
CERTIFICATE OF APPROPRIATENESS:
8. 996 High Street: Certificate of Appropriateness to allow exterior modifications, HR-3 District. Brian Johnson/Ashley Miller, applicant. APPROVED.
9. 360 Hines Terrace: Certificate of Appropriateness to allow an addition to a single-family dwelling (sunroom), HR-1 District. Archadeck of Central Georgia, applicant. DEFERRED.
10. 305 Buford Place: Certificate of Appropriateness to allow exterior modifications, HR-1 District. Ryan Willis, applicant. APPROVED.
11. 305 Buford Place: Variance in setback and height requirements to allow a fence,HR-1 District. Ryan Willis, applicant. NO ACTION.
12. 3030 Ocmulgee Boulevard: Variance in setback requirements to allow a fence, C-4 District. Alberta L. Groves, applicant. APPROVED.
13. 2710 Montpelier Avenue: Variance in setback requirements to allow a garage, C-2 District. Paul R. Kelley, applicant. APPROVED.
14. 2457/2601 Emery Highway: Variance to allow platting of property not fronting a public right-of-way, C-4 District. G&A Central Georgia Properties, LLC/Ryan Griffin, applicant. APPROVED.
15. 5042 Columbus Road: In violation of Section 27.05 of the Comprehensive Land Development Resolution (operating an auto towing and storage of vehicles without a Zoning Compliance), C-4 District. Kelby Prince/City Wide Towing. NO ACTION.
16. 105 Redhill Boulevard: In violation of Section 27.05 of the Comprehensive Land Development Resolution (an accessory/storage building) erected without a Zoning Compliance), C-4 District. Brian Mathis. NO ACTION.
ITEMS FOR COMMISSION RATIFICATION:
17. 1014 Gray Highway: Conditional use to allow a restaurant with drive-thru, C-4 District [14-0261]. Candito Construction, Applicant. APPROVED.
18. 250 Idle Hour Drive: Variance in side yard setback requirements to allow an addition to a single-family dwelling, R-1AAA District [14-0258]. Franco DeMichiel, Applicant. APPROVED.