Macon sets record low early Wednesday

Staff reportMarch 26, 2014 

Macon set a record low temperature of 26 degrees Wednesday morning.

That broke the old record of 28 set in 1955 and 2006, the National Weather Service said.

Temperatures will be warming up for the rest of this week, but rain is moving in.

The National Weather Service issued a freeze warning for Thursday morning for much of central and northern Georgia, warning temperatures could dip in the low 30s or high 20s. Macon’s overnight low was forecast at around 35 degrees,

There’s a 30 percent chance of showers late Thursday night and a 70 percent chance Friday, continuing into Friday night.

Rain is also likely Saturday -- a 60 percent chance -- but that decreases to 20 percent by Saturday night.

Forecasts show a sunny Sunday, with a high in the low 70s.

The Telegraph is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service