Benefit planned for family in fatal fire

lfabian@macon.comMarch 4, 2014 

Help is pouring in for a Macon family who lost a 3-year-old and all of their belongings in a house fire Friday.

Mellow Mushroom employee Adam Martin fell to his knees in the middle of Mimosa Drive when he learned one of his twins, A’von Blake Martin, died in the blaze.

His employer is donating 20 percent of sales from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. on March 11 to the Martin family.

The restaurant at 5425 Bowman Road is also hosting a donation drive for household items and clothing.

“We want to do anything and everything we can to provide items to help support this family and allow them to rebuild their lives,” said David Spivey, the owner of the restaurant.

Boy’s clothing in sizes 3, 4T and 24 mos. are needed along with boy’s shoes in size 9 toddler and size 4 to 5.

Women’s clothing is also needed in size 2X tops, size 22 and 18 bottoms, and size 10 shoes.

Donations of men’s clothing should be insides 5X-6X tops and size 52 bottoms and shoes sized 14-15.

Money can be donated at Macon’s Mellow Mushroom and Certus Bank branches are collecting for “The Martin Family” fund.

Donate online at www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/putting-the-pieces-back-together/145021.

The Telegraph is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service