UPDATE: Bibb student burns fingers in electrical socket

lfabian@macon.comNovember 19, 2013 

An ambulance was dispatched to Agnes Barden Elementary School after a first grader was hurt Tuesday morning.

The 6-year-old boy suffered an electrical burn, said Stephanie Hartley, spokeswoman for the Bibb County school system.

“They were sitting down reading a story for story time,” Hartley said. “The teacher was reading a story and he stuck some staples into an electrical socket and burned his three middle fingers.”

The accident happened at about 10:15 a.m. at the school on Anderson Drive off Bloomfield Road.

The child was released to his mother, Hartley said.

The Telegraph is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service