1. So much for drama: A lot of people were writing off South Carolina after all the drama surrounding standout defensive end Jadeveon Clowney. The Gamecocks handled that pretty well and handled the Arkansas Razorbacks easily, scoring 52 points. Impressive stuff.
2. Turnovers kill: Missouri forced four turnovers against Georgia, while the Bulldogs didn't force any. That proved to be too much for the Bulldogs to overcome as they suffered their first conference loss and their second overall, which all but knocks them out of any national title talk.
3. The defense is pretty good, too: Most of the talk for LSU this season has centered on the Tigers' improved offense. But LSU's defense had a strong showing Saturday, albeit against a very limited Florida offense. Don't count out LSU even with a loss to Georgia already on its schedule.
4. Manziel magic: Mississippi gave Johnny Manziel the "one more chance" that he always seems to take advantage of, and the Rebels paid for it. Manziel was terrific late Saturday night in Oxford, and his legend continues to grow.
5. Still the best: Alabama showed again why it's ranked No. 1. The Crimson Tide went on the road and easily took care of an inferior opponent in Kentucky. That's a game a lot of ranked college teams could have lost but not the seemingly always focused Tide.