ATHENS - Georgia dropped six spots in this week's Associated Press poll. The Bulldogs are one spot ahead of Florida, while Clemson moved up to No. 4, leapfrogging Stanford and South Carolina.
Here is how my ballot looked:
2. Ohio State
6. South Carolina
8. Oklahoma State
12. Florida State
13. Notre Dame
14. Texas A&M
22. Northern Illinois
Moving out: Boise State (lost to Washington), Virginia Tech (lost to Alabama).
- Georgia doesn't fall that far (six spots), because its loss was by three points on the road to a top-10 team.
- Clemson leapfrogged South Carolina as well as Georgia. Ill give the Tigers credit for a good win and not penalize South Carolina, which simply stays at No. 6.
- LSU moves up five spots by virtue of beating a good team, TCU. But TCU only falls a few spots (from No. 15) because it lost to a good team.
- I jumped Florida State four spots because unlike the teams ahead of them the Seminoles beat a conference opponent, and did so impressively.
- I was one of the few that had Northern Illinois in my poll (at No. 24) before it won at Iowa. So that was easy.