Macon man accused of starving dog to death

awomack@macon.comJuly 30, 2013 

Bibb County grand jurors indicted a 32-year-old Macon man Tuesday on allegations he starved a pit bull to death.

Prince Carl Harden Jr., of Carlisle Avenue, is charged with two counts of cruelty to animals, according to an indictment filed Tuesday in Bibb County Superior Court.

Harden allegedly kept a dog inside a home in the 1200 block of Carlisle Avenue and didn't feed it. A neighbor fed a second dog that was kept outside, but was unable to feed the dog in the house. Concerned, the neighbor called police on Feb. 5, said prosecutor Sara Roberts.

Evidence shows the dog inside the house, a 1-year-old pit bull mixed dog, had been dead at least five days, Roberts said.

Harden was arrested and released the same day on $1,520 bond, according to county jail records.

Information from Telegraph archives was used in this report.

The Telegraph is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service