Classes will be back in session Tuesday at Warner Robins Middle School after workers resolved a gas leak that was discovered over the weekend in the school parking lot, according to a district news release.
School was closed Monday after officials were notified of the gas leak, and a small amount of gas was detected in the east end of the front hall. Maintenance employees worked with the city of Warner Robins to resolve the issue.
The decision was made to not only repair the source of the leak, but to ensure safety, the entire natural gas service line has been replaced from Mary Lane to the school, Principal Brett Wallace said in the news release.
Now, there is no detection of leaking natural gas in or around the school, he said.