Its been a hard year for members of Trevorius Thomas family.
Theyve celebrated birthdays and holidays, but Thomas wasnt there.
Family members gathered at Thomas grave last month to remember the 21-year-old man who was fatally shot in the back Jan. 27, 2012, and left at an abandoned house along Zebulon Road just southwest of Bolingbroke.
Grand jurors indicted Stephen Lober, 21, and Kyle Dougherty, 22, this week on charges of murder, armed robbery, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, abandonment of a dead body and concealing a death, according to the indictment filed in Monroe County Superior Court. Lober and Dougherty are from Bibb County.
Monroe County prosecutors contend Lober was the triggerman.
Four days after the shooting, authorities said Dougherty led them to Thomas body and said Lober shot Thomas after he and Lober had lured Thomas to the house to buy marijuana from them. They had planned to rob him, officials have said.
District Attorney Richard Milam said the next step in the case against Lober and Dougherty is an arraignment which likely will be held in April. He estimates a trial could occur by the end of the year.
Samuel Thomas, the victims father, learned of the indictment Thursday and said he had wondered when the case against Lober and Dougherty would move forward.
Weve been waiting, he said. Its good to hear.
Information from Telegraph archives was used in this report.