Tips to protect against credit card fraud
* Keep a record of your account numbers, expiration dates and phone numbers to report fraud for each company in a secure place.
* Dont lend card to anyone.
* Dont leave cards, receipts or statements around home or office. When no longer needed, shred before throwing away.
* Dont give account number to anyone on the phone unless initiating a call to known reputable company.
* Carry cards separately from wallet to minimize losses if stolen. Carry only the card needed.
* During a transaction, keep an eye on the card. Be sure its in hand before walking away.
* Never sign a blank receipt. Draw a line through any blank spaces above the total.
* Save receipts and compare to statements.
* Open bills promptly, or check online often and reconcile to purchases.
* Report any questionable charges to card issuer.
* Notify card issuer of address changes or if traveling.
* Dont write your account number on outside of envelope.
Source: Federal Trade Commission