Laurens County man dies in house fire

bpurser@macon.comOctober 8, 2012 

A 23-year-old Laurens County man died in a house fire early Monday on Rex Miller Road.

Kenyardo Breshawn O’Neal was found in a bedroom of the home, said Laurens County Fire Chief Don Bryant. An autopsy is expected to be conducted at a GBI crime lab.

The fire appears to have started in the kitchen area, but a definitive cause may be hard to determine because of the extent of the damage from the fire, Bryant said. Unattended cooking is a possibility, he said.

Firefighters, who were dispatched at 1:12 a.m., found the home fully engulfed in flames.

Other agencies that are part of the fire investigation include the state Fire Marshal’s Office, Laurens County Sheriff’s Office, East Dublin Fire Department and the Laurens County Coroner’s Office, Bryant said.

The Telegraph is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service