A Macon man burned in a May 14 house fire died Thursday morning at a burn center in Augusta.
Nearly half of 53-year-old Randy Browns body was burned during a fire at his home in the 2200 block of Ballard Place. The burns were mostly on his upper body, but he also had blisters on his feet, fire officials have said.
Brown was pronounced dead at about 9:30 a.m. Thursday at the Joseph M. Still Burn Center at Doctors Hospital in Augusta, said Leon Jones, Bibb County coroner.
Brown, who also lived at a house on Lilly Avenue, died as a result of his burns and smoke inhalation.
The fire broke out between 11:45 p.m. and midnight in the living room. Brown escaped through a window as the house burned.
The blaze was ruled an accident caused by unattended smoking materials, said Macon-Bibb Fire Sgt. Ben Gleaton.
Information from Telegraph archives was used in this report.