ATHENS - Todd Gurley, Marlon Brown and Aaron Murray led the way as Georgia held its first preseason scrimmage on Wednesday.
Here are those scrimmage stats, followed by some notes;
Todd Gurley: 58 yards on six carries, 1 TD
Ken Malcome: 32 yards on five carries
Brandon Harton: 25 yards on seven carries
Kyle Karempelis: 15 yards on four carries
Keith Marshall: 11 yards on seven carries
Aaron Murray: 12-17, 170 yards, 1 TD
Hutson Mason: 9-13, 86 yards, 1 TD
Christian LeMay: 3-6, 44 yards, 1 INT
Parker Welch: 4-7, 18 yards
Faton Bauta: 0-3
Marlon Brown: 6 catcher for 103 yards, 2 TD
Tavarres King: 4-66 yards
Rantavious Wooten: 2-45 yards, 1 TD
Justin Scott-Wesley: 3-43
Michael Bennett: 2-26
Arthur Lynch: 2-21
Merritt Hall: 1-16
Taylor Bradberry: 2-13
Kenneth Towns: 1-10
Ty Flournoy-Smith: 1-2
Marshall Morgan: Made all extra point attempts, missed one field goal
(Notable stats only)
Connor Norman: 6 tackles
Cornelius Washington: 6 tackles, 3 sacks
Devin Bowman: 4 tackles
Alec Ogletree: 4 tackles, 1 sack
Shawn Williams: 4 tackles
James DeLoach: 4 tackles
Amarlo Herrera: 3 tackles, 1 FR
Ramik Wilson: 3 tackles
Corey Moore: 3 tackles
Bacarri Rambo: 3 tackles, 1 sack
Sheldon Dawson: 3 tackles
Jordan Jenkins: 1 sack
John Jenkins: 1 sack
Josh Dawson: 1 TFL
Sanders Commings: 1 INT, 17-yard return
Branden Smith: 1 TFL
Jarvis Jones: 1 PD
In all preseason scrimmages, the first-team offense goes against the second-team defense, and vice versa.
The first-team offense scored touchdowns in its first three drives, and the first-team defense only allowed one first down in the first three drives, according to Richt.
And one other important note: The media did not actually witness any of the scrimmage. We were allowed in for warmpus, then ushered out. The stats were provided by UGA.
Also of note:
- Richt thought the pass protection was pretty good, even the second-team against the first-team offense. He didn't remember the first-team offense allowing a sack.
Watts Dantzler and John Theus both worked at right tackle. On the very first drive, Theus was at right tackle and Chris Burnette (who has been sick) at right guard.
- The No. 2 pass defense didn't do very well, according to Richt. He did like the performance of the first-team secondary, which safety Shawn Williams said consisted of himself, safety Bacarri Rambo, and cornerbacks Malcolm Mitchell, cornerback Sanders Commings and Branden Smith. (Cornerback Damian Swann is hurt with a neck strain.)
- There wasn't much punting and kicking in the scrimmage. Richt said the missed field goal came inside the red zone, "relatively short range."
- Richard Samuel worked at both fullback and tailback.
- Punter Adam Erickson is working as the main holder right now.
"He's the one they like," Richt said, alluding to the place-kickers.